Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rice cereal and we think she may know her name....

Sarah was approved by her pediatrician to start rice cereal. The jury is still out on whether she likes it or not? Right now, she is only getting it once a day at her dinner time feeding. I think we are going to try something else? I feel like we should hold out but she seems like she wants to try other foods so badly. You should see her watch us eat. She stares so intently. Any suggestions from those of you who have been there done that?

On a more exciting note, since the weekend we noticed that Sarah has been responding to her name. I hope its not a fluke. I love that everyday she learns something new and we do too through her!

I will post some pics soon of her with her gross rice cereal all over her face and snuggled up with Mr. Hippo!

5 comments:

  1. I felt like I was forcing Blair to eat rice ceral, because it really is gross. After about a week we started her on real food. I started with apples, but everyone has there own way of doing it. I still got the cereal in her by putting half cereal and half food on the spoon. There are some things that I have read that say that there is no reason so hold off on real food, especially since rice cereal is gross. You might want to try to use Cream of Rice. It's just like Cream of Wheat, but it tastes better than the powder cereal. It just takes a little more effort since it has to be cooked and cooled. I couldn't find it at Food Lion, but I know that Harris Teeter has it and I'm sure that Farm Fresh does too. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big!! She is absolutely adorable! We went right to applesauce after a few days because Ava was not a fan of the plain rice cereal {not that I blame her}We just mixed a small amount in and went from there. Isn't it amazing how they can already "beg" for food with their eyes? Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Your baby girl is growing up so fast!!! We started giving Joseph rice cereal around 5 months. He got terribly constipated so we switched to oatmeal single grain cereal and that worked great for him. Several weeks later we introduced veggies (mixing with the cereal)...peas were first...then sweet potatos, then squash. Not sure if it's true or not, but I've heard you should introduce veggies before fruit b/c some babies tend to not want to eat veggies anymore once they taste the sweet fruit. Joseph ate veggies for about a month and then we introduced fruit. Thankfully he continues to love veggies and fruit! Good luck starting solids! It's so fun to watch them eat new things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say hello! I just found your blog and Sarah is beautiful :)

    On the matter of rice cereal...Izabel did fine with it but Tanner didn't like it too much either. You can switch to the flavored kind or the oatmeal. We did the oatmeal and Tanner did great with it before we started on veggies! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! I appreciate all of the feedback.

    ReplyDelete