Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Philly here we come (and I was attacked by a chinese sticky something or other...)

We made our first trip up to Philly. I was feeling pretty anxious about it since this was going to be Sarah's first long car drive. The car ride was pretty hysterical. Poor Donnie was smushed and locked in for over 5 hours with all females....It was quite the family effort. We rode up with the baby, my mom, aunt thea and of course we couldn't leave Bella behind. Not to mention, my aunt had to bring along her crazy cat as well. Bella made out. She had the whole back seat to herself, but of course she was mad because she wasn't up with the humans. She cracks me up. I got to sit in the back with Sarah on the way there and back. She did amazing. I was so proud of her. She slept the majority of the time and got up like clockwork to eat. We made a long pit stop to get gas, eat and let Sarah relax for a bit out of the car seat on both ways.

Sarah really seemed to enjoy the sites and sounds of Philly. I'm not surprised of course! We took her on a couple of walks and showed her some of mommy's old stumping grounds. We also got to spend time with lots of family and a few friends. She was spoiled once again with many, many gifts. Everyone is so good to her and us. We took her to Linvilla orchard one day. We were going for some good ol' fall fun. My pop pop came along for the apple cake...lol. We were enjoying the beautiful fall day when along came a chinese sticky something or other. As the fate of mother nature would have it, I happened to be standing under the tree when it popped me in the hand. Ouch and over 25 thorns later we had to call it quits a little early. I tried to be a trooper, but my whole hand swelling kind of took over. I'm just grateful that it was me and not the baby or any baby for that matter.
Seriously though, I can't wait to return home and for Sarah to see more of the city I love with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment