Monday, February 22, 2010

The Love Dare

It's the Lenten Season...a time for repentance, renewal, strengthening your relationship with God/Jesus.
Many people decide to give up something. That's not all Lent is cracked up to be.
Along with giving up our choice addictions (warm drinks for me and meat for Don), we have decided to "do" something also not just for each other but for our family. Im sure many of you have heard of The Love Dare book. For those who have not, it is a 40 day challenge (there is a 365 day one also) to strengthen your relationship with your spouse, whether you have a solid marriage or not. The "dares" can be as simple as "dont say anything negative to your spouse at all today" and then they can be pretty hard to swallow as well. Such as let your spouse tell you 3 things that annoy him about you without saying a word. Ouch! I am embracing this challenge. This is day 6 and I am already seeing a difference in both of us individually and as a couple. I am confident we will survive the 40 days...hopefully...ha ha!
There is also a movie made to compliment the book,  Fireproof. For us children of the 80's, Kirk Cameron is the main actor in it! Go out and watch it, I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment