Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving, Gobble Gobble!

First, yes, I am a blog slacker. I really have good intentions.
Second, it is one of my goals in 2010 to be better about blogging. Have we all said that?
I enjoy it and it truly is a nice way to capture your child's precious moments. I just enjoy sleeping a little more....
Now back to my Thanksgiving post!
This year, we celebrated in Philly. Sarah is becoming quite the traveler.
Thanksgiving morning, we got up early and headed downtown to the parade. It was a little chilly, but completely bearable. It was the first time Sarah wore her heavy winter coat. She did not like it at first; however, once we were outside you could tell she was glad she was all snuggled up.
She was mesmerized at the parade. Completely different experience then at homecoming. Sarah loved watching the floats (I think she enjoyed watching the people even more. There are some interesting characters in the city of brotherly love.)
 Some pics from the parade!




Following the parade, we returned back to my moms for some good eats. Sarah tried some mashers and gravy, but wasn't digging the texture just yet. This year, Thanksgiving also fell on my brother's birthday. It was nice being able to celebrate with him. My mom, aunt and I have an annual tradition of going shopping on black friday. Why do we torture ourselves? I think now it is much more then getting great deals. We actually enjoy getting up at the butt crack of dawn and spending the morning/early afternoon together. Seriously though, Kohl's is the place to be. We scored major deals on Fisher Price toys. It is also my family's tradition to make the first round of butter cookies for the season on this weekend. Butter cookies are an easy recipe but a lot of love goes into the creating/decorating process. We have perfected this over the years and now the men participate. Willingly might I add!!! My brother,  Donnie and even Tommy all have a job on the assembly lane and they do it pretty well. We also got to spend time with family & friends all weekend long - hanging out at my Aunt Roe's, breakfast with Aunt Melissa & Gary, celebrating Aunt Mare Mare's birthday and getting Sarah's picture taken with Santa! It was pretty exhausting but well worth it.

My adorable turkey bow (made by LeAnne)


 Feed Me



Happy Birthday, Uncle Matt!
Yes, Sarah enjoyed Santa this year...I have a feeling it might be the last for a little while..
Aunt Mare & Arthur came along too!



Lastly but most importantly, I am really overwhelmed and thankful in every definition for many reasons. Sarah is pure joy and love. We thank God everyday for the gift of a healthy child. I am consumed with gratitude that God chose us to be her parents.
I can not leave out my sincere thanks and appreciation to my mother, who is Sarah's caregiver during the day. She has left a lot to take care of her and smothers Sarah with unconditional love each and everyday. I am also appreciative to my work - for all of their flexibility upon my return and for giving me Fridays off! How can I leave off my wonderful husband? - he has amazed me this year. His willingness to take care of Sarah without being asked. He spoils us but most importantly he has nurtured us. There are many of you out there - who I am thankful for - our loving & supportive families, our friendships, support, encouragement...for answering my baby texts when I have had questions... you know who you are?!
Just know that your kindness never goes unnoticed or unappreciated!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment